Thursday, April 19, 2012

Vietnamese Pho..Noodle Bowl

I have a lot of favorite foods, too many to really name. I think it would be easier for me to name the things that I don’t like. Well this past week I added another dish to my favorites list. Vietnamese Pho. Pho is the traditional name for an amazingly enormous bowl of noodle soup.


I had to attend a training last Friday and I was less than excited to find out that I couldn’t bring my own lunch because the facility had nowhere for us to eat. Anxious about finding a yummy place to chow down was on my mind all morning until we found Pho Hoa Restaurant where I order Pho Ga, which is a chicken based noodle bowl. This noodle bowl was literally the size of one of my mixing bowls and was filled with rice noodles, shredded chicken, and a delish broth. Along side my Pho Ga came pieces of basil, bean sprouts, cilantro and limes; all to add to the dish table side. YUUUMMMY! A must try!

On my way home I stopped into the Vietnamese supermarket and bought me some noodles and Pho broth spice…so stay tuned for my homemade Pho recipe in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment