Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy National Tequila Day!


I was informed late this afternoon that today is in fact National Tequila Day.

I love a good margarita, fresh squeezed lime juice and a salted rim…that’s my drink of choice.

Recently Hubby and I were having lunch at Legal C Bar and they had a special summer margarita made with a habanero pepper syrup…they told me it was spicy but I thought I’d give it a try…let me tell you, it was spicy, sweet and tangy in the most perfect way that I had to try to recreate it at home!

Spicy Rimmed Rita

1 cup diced watermelon
2 limes
2 tbsp agave syrup (or splenda)
2 shots Silver Tequila (my favorite is Milagro) - click link for recipes using tequila
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper


In a blender add watermelon, blend until liquid and pour into a strainer to remove pulp. To watermelon juice add agave nectar and juice of 2 limes.

Rim each glass with salt and cayenne mixture, add ice, pour 1 shot of tequila and finish with watermelon juice. Stir and serve cold. Garnished with lime slice and watermelon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment