Monday, August 13, 2012

Pesto Brushed Biscuits


As I sat around this afternoon torturing myself watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives I wasn’t really sure what to do for dinner. After watching about 2 hours of the show I decided that I could not end the day without a southern style biscuit!
Not that biscuits went well in any way with the left over eggplant parm and pasta with fresh pesto sauce I planned on serving, but why not whip up a batch, eat one and then force the rest on my co-workers tomorrow.
As I was preparing this evening meal I thought, “I wish I had some jam, or something to dip my biscuit in.” Then, sitting next to me on the counter, the fresh pesto..woolaa, a match made in kitchen heaven.

Biscuits, pie crust, dough’s, all kind of seem intimidating but if you have a little bit of patience they are actually extremely easy to make fresh.

Traditional Biscuit Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, cubed
3/4 cup milk

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut butter into flour mix until it begins to look like wet sand. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and slowly add milk. Lightly mix dough with your fingers. Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter.


Pesto Brushed Biscuits  



1 comment: