Monday, June 27, 2011

Back at ya

Sorry to say that my blog has been pretty boring over the past few weeks, I’ve been crazy sick! I had the flu/sore throat/no voice, there was nothing fashionista about me; But I’m back, feeling better, ready to roll with some recipes and tips! Although not feeling great and getting take out and eating ramen noodle soup a few nights, I still managed to come up with some new creations.

My CSA last week was great, as I said before, as the weeks go on, the shares will get larger and have more variety. This week I got some small cucumbers, some more fresh dill, rainbow greens, a small head of cabbage, lettuce, beautiful red radish and carrots, and of course, strawberries. 




 Simple Green Salad with all my farm goodies...
I love snacks, but I'm sick of the same old same old...I was trying to think of some new things to try. I love Soy Nuts. When I was in school I made a video-fake cooking show with a friend where we make "Soy-yummy Trail Mix"..haha. Sure you can buy soy nuts almost at every grocery store now, but that’s no fun...We make out own!


Buy a bag of dried soybeans. Soak them in cool water for about 1 hour, drain and pat dry with a paper towel. Put in a flat cookie cheet,  drizzle with a tiny bit of oil and salt and bake at 350oF for about 1 hour, maybe longer (to taste really, until they are crunchy).  

Crunch Soy Nut Snack

More posts to come...promise, this week is back to normal. Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment