Thursday, September 8, 2011

Who Dat!

So tonight kicks off the season of football. Ask me if I care and the answer truthfully will be NO! I’m sorry, I enjoy lots of things in life but sports are not one of them. My husband however is freakishly obsessed with the sport of football; all he has been talking about for the past week is “Thursday is officially starting football season, the best time of the year.


Over the years I have learned to cope with this obsession in my own way, with food of course. While he is sitting on the couch cursing at the TV, I am in the kitchen creating, and coming up with fun football foods. In honor of the teams in tonight’s season opening (New Orleans Saints and well..actually I have no idea who they are playing haha) I decided to make a special theme dinner. I call it “Who dat gonna beat my Jambalaya” for those of you who are football fans will get it…


New Orleans is one of our favorite places. We visited once a few years back for a long weekend and it was great. The food, the culture and Café Du Monte, great place to go for a food tour. My homemade Jambalaya is loaded with yummy Cajun seasonings traditionally found if the foods of New Orleans, with shrimp, chicken, andouille sausage, and lots of veggies. Perfect way to kick off the season. J




No comments:

Post a Comment