Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

One year ago today I married my best friend, the best guy in the whole world. I can't believe it, I feel like I blinked and here I am in September again. Last year at this time we were boogying down to Earth Wind and Fire classics with our closest family and friends…I know I’m biased but we had the best wedding ever!

Phil and I had planned on going away for the weekend but with the weather forecast we heard all week we decided to have a “staycation”. Basically, we decided to stay home and make our house our own little B&B…stay in bed late, do tourist-y things; it was great, although the weather was beautiful, next time we won't listen to those weather people.

Our Beautiful and Homemade Brunch with Mimosas
(in the champagne flutes we toasted to at our wedding)


We spend the day being "tourists". We actually went to the Patriot’s Hall of Fame…sounds lame but was actually very cool and interesting to see the artifacts and learn the history of New England’s beloved football team. After that we had a great lunch at the Toby Keith Bar at Patriots place where we were told “sorry for the inconvenience…the band is doing a sound check for a concert tonight.” Well that band ended up being Montgomery Gentry, and we pretty much got a free concert at lunch, pretty cool. (Phil said he planned it J)




On our wedding day we didn’t keep our cake top. Being a foodie, I thought it was a pretty gross tradition to freeze your cake and eat it 1 year later. Our cake was beautiful and yummy. It was both chocolate and vanilla cake, each layer different, and in the middle of the layers were whipped cream and fresh strawberries, frosted with chocolate and vanilla butter creams. I decided to (sort of) recreate that taste for us to enjoy together tonight…


 My sad looking...yet very yummy...recreation
 Our Actual Wedding Cake


More Details of our day..

 Part of the candy bar...so awesome
 Beautiful Table Linens and Flower..by my daddy (Paul Tomeo Designs)

 A year goes by so fast! Cherish ever moment, don’t take anything for granted...and always kiss good night. J

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the two love birds, Melanie and Phil. Loved this blog and your great ideas for celebrating your "first" anniversary. May you both enjoy many years of loving togetherness.

    Great advice......cherish every moment, don't take anything for granted and always kiss good night. A very wise woman.

    ReplyDelete