Thursday, October 20, 2011

End of Season...

Sadly, today ended my main season CSA share. It was bittersweet picking up my goods this week because I knew that it was the end and I wasn’t going to get anymore amazing produce. Of course I know that I can continue shopping at the farmers markets (which I will) until the end of the month, and of course they have winter markets as well, but I have to say, I enjoyed the challenge of getting something new and interesting every week from the share and figuring out what to do with it.

Laura and Theresa are the girlies in charge of my pick up location at the Whole Foods Market in Brighton. They work for Red Fire Farm and have an extreme passion for food and locavore-ism. Their excitement and knowledge about food and recipes never went without notice this summer..they are so great and quick to help people figure out what to do with their produce. Their ideas were original, inspiring and so delicious. I’d like to say thank you to them both for making my first (but not last!) CSA so amazing. Oh, and by the way…thank you for the yummy homemade Lemon Raspberry Jam J.

Check them out at…www.lovelylocavoreladies.wordpress.com

 Lemon Raspberry Jam..Thanks Lovely Ladies!
Root Veggies (Celery Root and Pasnip)
Potato and Red Onion
Leeks and Thyme
Spinach and Romane Lettuce
Kale


HAPPY FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment