Monday, August 5, 2013

Fresh Garlic...





If you have never tasted fresh garlic, then I highly recommened that you find a local farmer's market or farm stand and go ahead and buy some!

We all love the taste of garlic, especially me, I think I put a touch of garlic in everything that I cook. Whether I am using store bought garlic, prepared garlic in the jar, or garlic powder, I love it all. Last year in my farm share, when I got a bulb of fresh garlic I was hooked. I became a snob to all other garlic, very similar to my new found love of high definition TV.

The cool thing about fresh garlic is that the entire bulb is edible. You know how when you buy garlic at the store you have to peel off the paper-like outer layer, well this doesn't have that. This is completely soft, and ready to eat.

Naturally this year, I bulk ordered fresh garlic. 10 cloves came my ways, and it's been so yummy! The first night, hubby and I just roasted it and ate it with homemade focaccia bread, and since then we are enjoying it in salad dressings, dips, soups, sautés, just nothing like it!

Roasted Garlic
1 whole clove of fresh garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat your oven to 400*F. With a sharp knife, slice the top of the garlic clove off (about 1/2 inch) exposing the innter garlic cloves. Place garlic clove on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap the foil around the garlic and place on a baking sheet, bake for 30-35 minutes, until garlic is roasted and ready to spread on your favorite bread or cracker. 

Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment