Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mid-20 Crisis

For a very long time I have been saying that I really would LOVE to start up a Personal Catering business or a small café. With lots of thoughts, dreams, and even doubt, I’ve decided to go for it. Hey! What’s the worst that could happen?

It’s easy to doubt yourself and to say, “well it will never happen so why bother.” It’s easy to not do something to protect yourself from the disappointment or failure, but if you don’t try, how do you know what the end result will be? My favorite natural food Chef Bethanny Frankel came out with a great book called “A Place of Yes”, basically giving you tips on how to get everything you want out of life. I didn’t finish reading the book but it’s making me think…hmm well I guess all of the famous chefs and successful restaurant owners all over the United States had to start off somewhere.

The definition of passion is any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling toward something. This is how I feel about food, cooking, and creating. Over the past few months I have been using this blog as my cooking outlet, my stress reliever and even though I always knew food is where I wanted to be, I think that sharing my cooking stories with all of you (well my follower are mostly my family, you know who you are…but I’d like to think a lot of people anonymously are reading haha) has made me realize how much I want it even more.

Please surf the new features of the blog, share with your friends and family and cheer me on in my new endeavors!

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Mel, I have no doubt that you can achieve your dream. I think your idea is so exciting. I will certainly cheer you on in your new endeavor!! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I love your passion and enthusiasm. Go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I love your blogs new format. Especially the photos of food fading in and out.

    ReplyDelete