Monday, April 11, 2011

Thanks Minh!

My Chocolate Party is this WEEKEND!! I'm so excited and anxious to start my baking parade. This week with all the planning and party shopping, Phil and I will definitely be cooking only easy (less than 30 min) meals...

Over the weekend, Phil had a poker game with some of his buddies, I was pleasantly surprised when one of our friends Minh, brought me a bag of Asian rice. “Freshly picked from the fields of Asia” he said. As you can imagine I was more than excited to try it out.

I love teppanyaki, which is a Japanese style of cooking using grills/heated flat surfaces to cook a bunch of different foods in front of guests; Basically a big cooking show right at your table. Tonight I attempted (using my special rice) to recreate the vegetable fried rice we have had at the Japanese restaurant.

Vegetable Fried Rice
I cup white rice, prepared
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, minced
1 onion, diced
1 cup fresh mushrooms
¼ cup carrots, sliced thin
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 green onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet heat oil, add onions, ginger and garlic and allow to fry for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrots and good for another 5-7 minutes. Add cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper and stir. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.


Vegetable Fried Rice


Minh..I need a good Vietnamese recipe to try out next! J

No comments:

Post a Comment