Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week night food blues...

Usually people hate Monday mornings, its after the weekend, no one wants to go back to work…well I hate Tuesdays. They are my longgggg days, I work until 7 pm, get home around 7:20ish, and usually the last thing I want to do when I come home is cook a big dinner. They are usually take-out nights or ramen noodle nights or if Phil’s out, tub of ice cream night (shhh don’t tell).

Today I planned ahead, this morning I took some chicken breast out of the freezer and with a positive attitude I said “tonight I will make an easy and healthy dinner instead of gross pizza or other take out junk food.”

When I got home I searched the fridge and found some fresh asparagus that I drizzled with oil, salt and pepper and put under the broiler (on low).   I then decided that I wanted to bread the chicken cutlet and fry it with a tiny bit of oil to make a nice crust and serve it over garlicy pastina. Dinner was on the table by 7:45...


1 comment: