Thursday, March 8, 2012

Popcorn Balls


Did you know that popcorn was a whole grain?

Just like whole wheat, quinoa, barley, brown rice and oats, popcorn is loaded with dietary fiber, has benefical antioxidants and can be eaten as part of a healthy diet!

When it comes to healthy snacks, plain popcorn is at the top of my recommendation lists. Popcorn is low in fat, crunchy and tasty and so easy to make. One cup of popcorn has only 6 grams of carbohydrates which translates to about 25 calories.


I'm not talking about microwaved popcorn here, I'm talking about good old fashioned air popped popcorn. Now usually pop my corn in a big pot on the stove top but I recently bought myself a new kitchen gadget..an air popper. You simply pour in the kernels, plug it in, wait for the popcorn to heat up, then the popped popcorn comes flying out of the machine into the bowl, all of the counter and onto the floor...I guess I needed a bigger bowl, but Basil didn't mind cleaning up.




We have been enjoying fresh popcorn as an after dinner snack for the past few days but tonight I decided to make something a little bit special, Ooie-Gooie Popcorn Balls. I simply popped the corn, melted some marshmallows, mixed them together and waaalaa!

 Ooie-Gooie Popcorn Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment